Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moments

I feel like I could post this video and comment, "nuff said" and get my thoughts across today. 

I'll share some of my thoughts anyway :)

The months of November and December are always so busy. Everyone's getting ready for and anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas, finals are coming, and it's always harder for me to be productive when it's cold and snowy outside and I just feel like drinking hot chocolate and watching a movie. 


But the past few weeks, I've been noticing that my Father in Heaven sends so many Divine Signatures in order to remind me what's truly important. 


Whether it's taking time to play with my little siblings while I'm visiting home, realizing a Relief Society lesson was just for me, taking advantage of spur of the moment roommate ice cream runs, it's usually the little things that make my week so much better! 


I think one of the reasons why Prophets and Apostles often counsel us to find joy in the journey is because it is a challenge for us to recognize the blessings and opportunities God pours out upon us. 



"Sometimes we become so focused on the finish line, that we fail to find joy in the journey." 
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


No comments:

Post a Comment