Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Walmart.


You may be wondering why this post is title "Walmart" ...yeah. It'll make sense in a minute, hopefully :)

This holiday season has been the best-beautiful, busy, blissful, and blessed (I hope you appreciatively noted my use of alliteration, k thanks). However, the holidays seem to magnify the feeling that there is so much to do, and so little time. But this has always been a problem and always will be! As I've looked, I've noticed so many Divine Signatures this season. One particular instance occurred at- Walmart -you guessed it!

I was last minute Christmas shopping. I was a little tired and stressed, and then a lady stuck out her hand and grabbed my cart to stop me. Huh? She looked at me and said, "Can I just stop you for a second and tell you what I thought when I saw you?" This is where I got nervous, wondering what I had done wrong and if this lady was crazy, and worried for what she was going to say next. I said of course that would be fine, to which she so kindly gave me such a sweet compliment that meant a lot to me.

This happened at Walmart!

I was a little taken aback, but so thankful for this woman's courage, thoughtfulness, and kindness. Over the past few days, my mind has continued to linger on this Divine Signature.


This woman went out of her way to tell me something she thought would make my day. It really hit me- am I treating others the way I would want to be treated? We hear this ALL the time, from when we are little children. But think about it. 

  • Do you like getting compliments? 
  • Do you like getting random kind little texts from your dear friends? 
  • Do you like when someone helps you with something you're working on?
  • Do you like it when someone smiles at you and treats you well?
  • Do you like it when others give you the benefit of the doubt? 
These are just some of the simple things I could think of. But if we like these things, odds are that so do others. So why not stop some random stranger in Walmart and give them a compliment? The smallest acts of service can make a difference.

"We live in deeds, not years, in thoughts, not breaths, in feelings, not figures on a dial and we really should count times, by heart throbs."
-Elder Maxwell, A More Excellent Way
So. "Don't wait for happiness, seek it out." 

     -Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment