Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Recipe for Daily Happiness

Yesterday I went to Michael's to get some craft supplies- I'm learning how to crochet! I walked up to the checkout to pay for my items. A sweet old man started ringing them up and asked me how I was doing. I replied (like normal), "Good, thanks, how are you?" He smiled at me and said something similar to "You know, I'm doing fabulous going on fantabulous!" I smiled and told him I was glad he was doing so well. He proceeded to tell me he likes to show his customers that they can choose to make their day even better.

What a wise old man. 


This has got me thinking about the Plan of Happiness and the gift of agency. What a daily, hourly Divine Signature we each have--and I know in my case--under appreciate.

The sweet man's recipe for daily happiness:
  1. Choose to progress.
I'd like to add an old Bishop's 3 suggestions (all require agency):

       2.  Prayer 
       3.  Scripture Study
       4.  Service
       5.  Smiling


CHOOSE to have a very happy day!

*That wise man was the perfect example of how we can magnify our callings of discipleship: serving others and sharing our testimony allllll the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment