Thursday, March 31, 2016

Angels

When I was little, my favorite bed-time song my mom sang to me was called "Angel Lullaby." I still vividly remember how safe it made me feel as I drifted off to sleep.

In my New Testament class this week, a quote from Elder Holland was given about angels--about how we need to talk about angels and bear testimony of them. This struck me because I recently was able to have a very sacred experience where I felt the presence of a specific angel, my sweet, stillborn niece, baby Jane. I've also had other experiences where I've felt a specific angel helping me or comforting me and I've definitely seen angels in people around me.

Elder Holland has given amazing talks about angels, and I want to add my testimony to His that I know that angels exist, and that they surround us, helping us more than we realize. They are Divine Signatures from God.

"From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children."
"Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near." 
 "I testify  of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face...the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal." 
"May we all believe more readily in, and have more gratitude for, the Lord's promise as contained in one of President Monson's favorite scriptures: 'I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left,..my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.' 
In the process of praying for those angels to attend us, may we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves--with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith and 'the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.' Perhaps then we can be emissaries sent from God.


3 comments:

  1. I love this, Becca. Thank you for always bringing the spirit. I agree- angels are all around us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony. I'm definitely going to listen to that talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this Becca.

    ReplyDelete