Monday, January 11, 2016

Recognize Divinity

Last week the president of BYU (Pres. Worthen) gave a wonderful devotional on seeking positive relationships. I've been pondering on his message and have realized that it was exactly what I needed to hear at the beginning of a new year. What else could be a better resolution than to be more kind--AKA: fostering positive relationships?

I love the wisdom from C.S. Lewis, which President Worthen quoted:

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship...There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal...But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub and exploit..."


This truth is something I wish to ponder everyday! Cliche, I know, but can you truly imagine the results of all of us reading, believing, and thinking about this every single day? So this Divine Signature is just a little reminder to you and me to recognize divinity--in others and in yourself!


1 comment:

  1. Becca! I LOVE your blog. I'm basically obsessed. I also really loved that devotional. I think it is incredible that we're able to have Charity and see people as God sees them almost without even trying. We just need to get rid of those simple little negative tendencies that aren't from God. :) Thanks for inspiring me :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete