Monday, January 25, 2016

High School Memories

Recently, Davis High Dance Company has been spotlighted in the news (i.e. people.com--go read it!) due to an inspiring team member named Gabe. He has no arms and legs, yet contributes to the Dance Co. and is an example to others to do your best and always be happy.

As I've seen these highlights in the news, it's made me reflect on my high school experience. I am so grateful for the great school I went to, the many lessons I learned there, and the blessings it brought. Here are just a few:
  • I had THE best friends anyone could ask for--and still do!
  • I learned that while school is important, a balanced life is essential.
  • I had so much fun! It's crazy to me that so many college friends didn't enjoy their high school years. 
  • I had fantastic teachers who were great examples to me. I still think of them often and am grateful for their influence in my life--whether they encouraged me, challenged me, or taught me different ways to think and view the world, many changed my life in little ways. (Do any of you Davis grads still have Emerson quotes memorized???)
  • I was able to be involved--I loved being on Dance Company. Now that I'm not able to dance anymore, I often think of those good times, have a dance run through my head, or laugh from memories I made with wonderful people. 
Overall, I feel so lucky for the wonderful life I've had. There are so many good people in this world to learn from! And the best part is that life just keeps getting better :)


So here are some really great photos showing some blasts from my past--enjoy!









1 comment: